Sports Therapy in Petaluma, CA
THE ACTIVITIES OF DAY-TO-DAY LIFE OR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE CAN BRING ON IMBALANCE LEADING TO ACHES, PAINS, OR EVEN INJURIES TO MUSCLES AND JOINTS IF NOT PROPERLY BALANCED WITH CONDITIONING EXERCISES, QUALITY NUTRITION, RECOVERY TECHNIQUES, AND ADEQUATE REST.
getting started with therapy!
Michael Always starts with assessing the range of motion, flexibility, stability, function, and strength of the injured area and surrounding areas of the body.
Pain often occurs in an area from overuse or lacking the ability to recover.
Knee pain often is not just a problem at the knee, but commonly also caused from an imbalance at the hip, ankle, or foot.
Similarly shoulder pain may have contributing factors at the neck, back, chest or rig cage muscles.
Once your assessment is complete, Michael will create a plan to restore proper mobility, flexibility, stability, and function to the area.
The next step will be taking this newfound function and developing strength in your body. This will reduce the risk of future discomfort or injury.
what does a typical therapy session entail
Michael will start with sports massage and trigger point therapy to restore mobility to the injured area.
You will then learn mobility and stretching exercises to practice on your own to restore flexibility to the area.
Michael will then teach you functional exercises to restore balance and function to your entire body.
Once function is restored, you will then learn how to increase strength while maintaining balance to reduce the risk of future injuries.
Therapy sessions often last 90 minutes to allow enough time to complete all necessary treatments.
Sessions may be as frequent as twice a week or as infrequently as once per month depending on your coaching and accountability needs.
Call today 707-781-3466 to SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION so you can experience a therapy session with Michael. Then, you can make the choice if he is the right coach for YOU!
sports performance or therapy
YOU WANT TO PERFORM AT YOUR BEST, AND SOME WANT TO EXTEND THEIR ATHLETIC CAREER TO THE MASTER AND SENIOR LEVELS OF COMPETITION. GETTING STARTED WITH PERFORMANCE COACHING
Michael will first assess your bio motor abilities for the sports and activities you play.
Each sport or activity required different amounts of the following abilities. Strength, speed, power, agility, endurance, mental focus, sport specific skills, flexibility, coordination, and balance.
Your personalized program will be designed to improve your weaker abilities for your sport, so you can immediately see the improvements in your play.
Your program will change depending on the training phase needed for post season, off season, pre-season, or in season activities.
Michael will create and show you how to perform your program so that you receive the best results.
Sessions are commonly 90 minutes to allow time for adequate coaching.
Sessions may be as frequent as twice per week or as infrequently as once a month depending on your coaching and accountability needs.
Call today 707-781-3466 to SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION so you can see what it is like to work with Michael. Then, you can make the choice if he is the right coach for YOU!
The world of health and fitness covers many areas, from strength, conditioning and periodized training to a range of sports therapy programs. At Finn Fitness & Wellness, we offer residents of Petaluma, CA, and Sonoma County the tools, information, and expertise they need to achieve their personal fitness and performance goals.
Sports therapy services are also a resource that many athletes, both novice and experienced, rely on to heal, perform better, and even prevent injury. If you are looking for experienced sports therapy professionals, look no further than Finn Fitness & Wellness for all your sports therapy needs.
Michael has been a world class athlete for 30 years and has firsthand experience with what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to Sports therapy as well as lengthening your athletic career. Michael is a happy, healthy athlete and coach with more world and national titles in the last 20 years than the previous 20 years.
We all have our own challenges, but we all want to be better and reach our dreams and goals. Michael wants to help you learn to overcome your challenges and live the happy, healthy, and athletic life that you dream about.
- Sports Massage: The need to recover and relax muscles after strenuous activity is often overlooked. Sports massage can help with quicker recovery from injuries, less down time between training sessions, and improved performance.
- Athletic Performance Training: It doesn’t matter if you are a high-level athlete or if you compete for fun, athletic performance training helps athletes of all levels to excel and perform better.
- Injury Recovery: Sports and training injuries aren’t uncommon. With injury recovery programs, you can get back in the game quicker and minimize the potential harm injuries may cause.
- Injury Prevention: Many injuries can be prevented with professional injury prevention programs. From strength, flexibility, power, speed, balance, and central nervous system training Michael at Finn Fitness & Wellness helps athletes prevent the likelihood of injury with proven injury prevention training.
- Performance Improvement and Longevity: For people who want to perform better and extend your athletic life in a healthy way, Finn Fitness & Wellness offers performance improvement and longevity programs to help every athlete be more competitive. From golf, tennis, sprinting, team sports, to pickle ball, Michael will keep you on your game as long as you want to continue to play.
- Off-Season Training Regimens: Athletes who perform well during the season often engage in off-season training programs. Find the right program and off-season training regimen to help you perform better when it matters most.
- Postseason Training: What we do after the season ends and before the season begins makes a difference. Postseason training programs at Finn Fitness & Wellness will increase your ability to perform better and keep you in peak condition all year.